Today I am thankful for:
18) my apartment.
I have lived ALL over the place in all kinds of places after I left home for college (bunk beds with Devon, the TINY house full of teachers, a sorority house with 38 other DGs, downtown in Savannah, a co-ed dorm with a crazy food-hoarding freshman roommate, extra bedroom in a little piso during my summer in Spain) and I have to say this one is quite nice. I went without several modern conveniences in my last little place in GA (no AC, no microwave, no toaster, no washer/dryer) to save money and am so thankful each morning when I can throw my pants in the dryer to de-wrinkle while I heat myself some water for a cup of tea or coffee. You don't realize how good you have it until you don't have it at all, I think.
But seriously, there are so many people who don't have a place to stay warm in the winter, to sleep when they are sick, to spend time with loved ones....the list goes on and on. And while the little things are nice, THAT is what I am so thankful for.
This apartment makes me feel like a real grown up.
While it was so fun to live alone (you learn SO much about youself) I love EVEN MORE having a pal to come home to and to "nest" with. We have done a great job (and a lot of giggling and screaming!) hanging our own artwork (who needs men!?!?!) and picking out some items to match our taste.
I love how it is looking and am so excited for more visitors to come!
I found this video that I did on my computer the first week or two that there were no longer boxes in view. I wanted to show it to my family so they could see my new digs....and realized that I never posted it. Typical. So why not add it to my post?
Here's the first virtual tour of our sweet little place. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment