Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tummy bug

Can't believe how ill I feel right now and how quickly it came on. It takes one day of feeling sick to remind you that on a daily basis we take for granted getting up and functioning normally 24/7.

I can't keep any food down and have cuddled with the trash can for most of the afternoon. I can't believe I thought I could teach today. Ugh.

Today I am thankful for:

16) Popsicles, my lucky blanket, saltine crackers, ginger ale and plain pasta noodles. But mostly Popsicles.

The roommate brought these gems home from the store (did I mention we were home sick together like true roommates?) and I totally turned a corner. So cool, so delicious, settles the tummy. Who knew? I have been eating them two at a time. ;)

Being sick reminds me not only to be thankful for good health, but also broke me down today and reminded me that the little things make a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment