Wednesday, November 30, 2011

the most wonderful time of the year!

Tonight is my last gratitude post.  Wow...what a great 30 days and how blessed I am to have so much to be thankful for!

So...that means that tomorrow is the first day I will officially be celebrating the season.  Let me just say that I LOVE December...caroling, decorations, lit trees, happy-birthday-to-me, movies in matching jammies, and red everywhere just to name a few.

December babies are the BEST!


Today I am thankful that:
30) Christmas is right around the corner.

How fast this year has flown by and I cannot believe that in 2.5 weeks I will be headed back to celebrate another holiday at home.  (Thanksgiving post coming soon, fyi.)

My roommate and I are totally embracing the decorations - Dallas is more "done up" than anywhere I have ever been.  Even before Thanksgiving (and pretty darn close to Halloween) they had trains at the mall, songs on the radio, and window displays OUT.

We did a little shopping spree at World Market and dodged the crowds at Michael's (beware of the glitter), got some Pinterest inspiration and have lit our Christmas-tree scented candle while we bust out the fake garland, red placemats, and snowflakes.
I am thankful for roommate's boyfriend who came over and did this beautiful light job on a Saturday! 




I cannot wait for the holiday parties to commence, to go for a sunset run in my neighborhood to explore lights, and to get gifts for all of my faves.

Of course, more than any of the "30 thanks" I have posted all month long, I am of course thankful for:  the REAL reason for the season.  
Happy Birthday, baby Jesus! 





No comments:

Post a Comment