Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My many mentors

Today I am thankful for:

2) the teachers I work with who show me wisdom and support every day.

To the teachers who have gone before me, thanks for answering my many questions, editing my lesson plans, teachings the unwritten rules and do much more.

I have loved getting to know the faculty at my new job and have especially bonded with a few of the "wiser ladies" I am blessed to work beside.

One of my favorite rituals is our mentee/mentor dinners once a month where we spend time bonding outside of the school walls, sharing stories over a glass of wine and I get a few more tidbits about the "old and new". It's also do great to try a new restaurant each month (as I am still getting to know Dallas) and meeting new people each time we gather and bring friends along.

I could post an entire 1,000 reasons why my job is so fabulous and how much I love the second grade team..., but for now, I'm grateful for the women I I have learned from who aren't even on my team.

Xoxo to Anne and Jill!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment