4) DFW airport and all of its glory.

Not only can I get food from 1837347 restaurants while I wait for my flight, but I am traveling DIRECTLY to my location in 2.5 hours today. There is more than one security line open when you check into your flight, airlines and boarding and taking off on schedule, and my trip was super affordable. Not to mention the fact that every gift shop has so much Lone Star State paraphernalia that makes me smile. (sometimes I forget I'm back on Texas and it takes me by surprise).
My friend Lexi travels a lot for work and reminded me when I moved here that I had "straddle status" in Dallas, which means I sit between the two coasts and it's easy to get most anywhere from here. I hope that I can take advantage of it and see more of the country (though I love me some East Coast).
I am also thankful for safe travel, wise pilots flying the many planes I have been on, and feel blessed to be fortunate enough to afford (time and money) to visit my friends in faraway places and celebrate big events with them, even though on a day to day basis we are far from each other.
Here's the lead off to a GREAT weekend FULL of things to be thankful for. ;)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment