11) veterans.
I am keeping my friends, great uncles, and complete strangers in my thoughts and prayers as I thank my lucky stars that I live somewhere safe. I am thankful for those who have shown bravery, given their lives and time away from their families to let me be an American.

Today I was nearly brought to tears during our morning activity. We had a teacher come share with our class that her friend has just left for an Air Force deployment where he will miss his 30th birthday, all of the holidays, and live in isolation to do his job.
Our class now has a special pen pal and we spent the morning asking him questions and sharing stories through letter we will send back and forth with him all year.

I loved how real this activity was and was proud of how seriously these seven and eight year olds took it.
God Bless the USA. ;)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment