Today at school my students brainstormed a "gratitude list" together for our morning meeting.
I was trying to explain some of the little things that we take for granted (instead of just listing toys, expensive clothes and extravagant vacations) while they were writing. As I went around passing out their morning snack (cheese sticks) all of a sudden I realized that I had the perfect example.
I am thankful for:
3) CHEESE!
I shouted "I am most thankful today for CHEESE!" as my students giggled at me and made faces. I wanted them to realize that sometimes we forget all of the small things that make our days special and/or manageable. But I also think that anybody who knows me (like my college roommates) realizes that I truly am thankful for dairy products - which play a large roll in my life. :) I have been known to ask unassuming individuals at cocktail parties, first encounters and during getting to know you games: "So...if you had to choose your top 3 cheeses, which ones would they be?"
MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm........
Thank you, God, for cheese sticks, melted brie, Babybel, Manchego, white pizza, queso and chips, and so much more!

I am literally sitting here eating an assortment of brie and this delish smoked farmer's cheese from chapel hill... love.
ReplyDelete