Thursday, November 10, 2011

kids say the darndest things. :)

Today I am thankful for:

10) quotable classroom moments.

Children just have the sweetest spirits and say the silliest and most innocent things sometimes.  It's often what gets me through a long day at work - looking over and eavesdropping on their conversations at lunch about their playdates, who watched TV the night before with mom and dad, and what crazy things their families do. 

A few moments from this week:
"I celebrate Harmonica.....not Christmas."  - a first grade girl explaining her holiday traditions to her friends at recess (Harmonica = Hanukkah)
ME: What kind of restaurants are there? (introducing a creative writing prompt)
"Well, there's fast food, chinese food, italian food, and slow food."  - Jack
ME: What is slow food?
"Oh...you know.   Where you go to a restaurant with a white table cloth and there is a nice fancy waiter and you have to sit and wait for the food.  It comes out slow."  -Jack
ME: "Like a steak house?  Or a fancy restaurant?"
"Yes.  You know....you have FAST food and then there's SLOW food." -Jack
"Wow.  I have never had a real LIVE orange." -Kalli when she realized we were having citrus for snack today
I LOVE MY CLASS!








No comments:

Post a Comment