(Please forgive me the horrible pun in the title of this blog entry....that has nothing to do with the rest of the words on this page...)
Day 10 and 11: Everett and Caroline
this is my new favorite photo. ever.
Not only has my little man grown so much in the past few months, but last time I was in Austin Miss C was just a bun in the oven. I CANNOT believe how much time flies! Not only do these babies keep getting cuter and bigger each time we have a play date, but every weekend in Austin seems just too short. I was SO excited to get in the car on Friday to see my favorite two-some. I had their Christmas ornaments wrapped early (since I won't be back before the holidays), a tank full of gas, and the Texas Hill Country on my mind.
So...you might ask, how do we celebrate the arrival of a new baby in my world?
Apparently, it's with German sausage and beer. :)
But seriously. What a perfect weekend. What a perfect little boy. And what a beautiful baby girl.
We swapped boy stories (mostly this single girl divulging to a married-mama-of-two the good, bad, and ugly side of the dating world), ate our way through New Braunfels, pinned on Pinterest until our eyes hurt, borrowed each other's blowdryers, snuggled warm little PINK bundles of joy, warmed bottles of formula mid-football game, climbed all over the neighborhood jungle-gym, and introduced this guy to his first S'MORES.
HELLO, SUGAR RUSH:
I couldn't stop watching him, kissing her, and witnessing this incredible little family.
I am so proud of A & V.
Caroline,
I know you are weeks old at this point but you already left your mark on my heart. I love your snuggles and bright little eyes. You are such a little wiggle worm and I will never forget my first ERGO date with you bundled inside. I am sure when I have my own baby to strap to my stomach I will have a Caroline Ann flashback. You love to be squished and hugged so tight to fall asleep and your tan beautiful skin is hard to resist. I secretly hope your eyes stay blue and that you inherit your mama's incredible auburn hair. Even if you don't turn out to be a redhead, I'm sure you will still turn out as a sweet, smart, silly friend like V. We can't wait to get you all gussied up and tie bows in your hair, but don't grow up too fast.
Everett,
You keep us laughing and smiling all day long. You already love that baby sister and do all big-brothers proud when you kiss her cheeks, ask to hold her hand, and stare at her with that big grin. I love your incredible chuckle (it's contagious), fist-pump-while-twirling dance moves, and the way you say "NANA" and run towards me for a hug/tackle. From now on, I will always think of you when I drive past a truck or tractor (go tractor go!) on the road and can't believe how obedient and well-mannered you are at 22 months. I love how you say "Hand" and grab at mine to direct me where we need to be - outside in the front yard watching the kids in the cul-de-sac bike-ride, or looking at your iPad (which you are SO skilled with!). I love seeing your little personality shine through as you let us know what you think and feel with a YEAH or NAH after each question we ask you. I love your chunky little cheeks and your belly probably the most, though. I love how we read books together (when you plop down in my lap without asking) and eat all of our meals side-by-side when I visit. (I missed you a little bit at dinner tonight.) You have such a sweet heart, Mr. E. You are my favorite Mama's Boy.
What lucky kiddos. What lucky parents. I'm a lucky girl.
I can't wait to keep watching him grow.
I can't wait to see what she looks like.
I can't wait for more birthdays, backyard ball-tosses, weekends-at-Ana's-house while mom and dad are out of town (dropping a hint here!), and memory making.











No comments:
Post a Comment