Sunday, November 4, 2012

west Texas weekend

I am gonna keep this short in lieu of Daylights Savings (what a failed attempt at an earlier bedtime I have made tonight) but after a whirlwind weekend that ranged from scantron sheets to late-night dance parties I can't forget to stop and share my thankful thoughts.

Day 2-4:
forging new friendships
football
family





































Words cannot describe how special the past 48 hours were.

Tortilla-queso dipping on I-20 while swapping ex-boyfriend stories,
dancing to boy-band music with legendary 1990s choreography,
two-steps to George Strait,
mingling with Red Raider royalty,
it is so refreshing to continue to meet new people and make fresh bonds in a place that is so familiar. 

There is something so magical about game-day. 
You can feel it in the air. 
And nobody does spirit like college football in Texas, I tell you.

What a blessing to have a warm bowl of chili waiting for you the night before a big test and a Shiner Bock with your brother-in-law (is that the first time I've said that!?!?!) to celebrate after. 
Ash, it warms my heart SO when I think about how you aren't just this fun guy to make silly dance moves in the parking lot with, but a permanent fixture in my life.  I love my new brother.   
Mr. and Mrs. Jaynes (first time published on this blog!), I am so proud of your house, your jobs, and the mark you have already left on your new city.  You are such an example to me. 
Sibs, you mean the world to me and I'm so excited that we are all such a short trip away.  You spoil me rotten with the amount of fun we make together.  It's just not fair.  
Mami and Papi, your hospitality and support are unmatched.  Thanks for letting me make you proud over and over.  Thanks for teaching me how to be a teacher. 

Lubbock. You have my heart. 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment