But I got a text from Jessica to meet up at Michaels after work for some holiday cheer and felt like my soul needed it. I was running on empty. She had me at "wreath".
$50 bucks later, 4 hours after dinner, and five wreaths/three painted wooden snowflakes down, I am official bitten by the Christmas spirit bug.
My mindset has shifted, my cheesy side is shining through, and just like the Grinch, my heart has grown tonight.
We are taking these wreaths to the Cancer Support Community to decorate their clubhouse for the holiday season. What is it about making something for someone else we've never met that makes us feel so good?
Today I am thankful for:
26: my glue gun
Projects truly cure what ails me and I am always so glad when I make time for them. I am grateful to have a disposable income, free time (though I love to complain about being busy), and a place to keep myself happily occupied and feeling productive.
And it's amazing what that little pink gun does for my mood.
Even though she scorched my right arm tonight JUST to remind me who was really in charge.... I know that a small burn is nothing compared to those who will be admiring these wreaths during a tough winter.








For the record, we didn't even LOOK on Pinterest. :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment