This year I have debated doing it again and again. Should it be private? How do I pick just one? Does anybody else care or need to know? And laying here in my bed I can't quite get to sleep. I think this is a tradition that will last years and is ingrained in me.
This morning I asked my class to tell me what they were thankful for and we will name, write, and talk about different things each day all month long. I am jumping back on my gratitude app (iPhone store $0.99) after a hiatus during wedding season. But this blog is ALL about expressing joy and thanks so it only seems right to start up again this November to put me in the spirit and reset my mindset.
Day 1:
My students
I love to see their petals unfolding during the fall and watch them spread their wings each spring.
But nothing gets me like a kiddo who gets bitten by the "reading bug".
Today I loaned Miss C a copy of a Laura Ingalls Wilder book (to steer her away from another comic/preteen magazine she had smuggled in her backpack for DEAR time) and turned around at carpool an hour later to see she was hooked. Her usual socializing and chit chat with friends to wrap up the day had to take a backseat. I was grinning from ear to ear.
This is why I show up every morning before the sun does.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment