What a treat it was to be able to send V a text message, and the next morning hop in the car with a bag packed. I told her all I wanted was to chill-out - and we did indeed!
Movie watching, baby watching, poolside lounging, crafting on the couch, some baking (of course!), and lots of catching up. There's something special about an old friend who knows you so well inside and out. And some things are just more fun to talk about (and gawk at on Pinterest/Facebook) side by side than over the phone. :)
What amazing hosts -- I so enjoyed our time at their neighborhood Block Party, they always feed me delicious food (and make an extra batch of cookies for me to take home), and are fierce card-game-competitors.
It was also fun to catch up with Vanessa's younger sister, DD, who just got her first teaching job in second grade at a fabulous new school in Austin. I am SO excited for her - the first year is so special and (obviously I'm biased) 7 to 8 year-olds are a blast to work with.
I also cannot believe how big my boy has gotten. He spoon-fed himself a sno-cone (Of COURSE we went to Sno-Beach to meet a precious new pooch our friend Lou recently got), has so many new words in his vocabulary, and was sweet as ever. He even said "Ahhhh-nuhhhh" a few times. :)
I want to always remember how little he was. Here are a few highlights:
- "Re-re" = read to me, which he says any time he sees a book
- Where's your -------? (nose, belly button, eyes, mouth, ears)
- Dog kisses, anybody kisses, blowing kisses
- Cupboard and Tupperware - opening the cabinet and "helping" his mama cook while she is busy in the kitchen
- Waving bye or hello to any animal or person repeatedly
- All done! (hands up in the air waving frantically - meaning, "Get me out of the high chair!")
- Animal noises
- LOTS of pointing at what he wants or is discussing with you
- Clapping when he is excited, or clapping at the dog to try to get his attention
- Jumping up and down and trying to crouch on the ground with adults
- "Where is the baby?" - he points to mom's tummy!
Lots of love to A, V, DD & E!
XOXO
And of course- I over-documented a 72 hour visit.....
wet baby kisses in the pool
this kid loves to run errands
Love that belly!
kiwi/strawberry and creme!
home-brewed beer and board games
stars & stripes :)
Hercules :)
old-lady Amish craft hour - we are NOT ashamed :)
Aunt DD storytime
the best place on earth
No comments:
Post a Comment