Thursday, July 21, 2011

gina + brian

I am going through my pictures and organizing things on my computer before school starts and realizing I never did a post about the beautiful San Antonio wedding I went to late in June to celebrate G and B!



I have loved watching the relationship between these two incredible people grow and change.  Gina and I were roommates right when she and Brian were trying out their long distance relationship status between Houston and Savannah, and I got to witness their incredible communication, love for Christ, and faith in each other change each day.  Brian is such a hard working medical student and I love how much creativity and love Gina puts into her job at SCAD.  I cannot wait to see where life takes them!  Gina's sweet blog is such a fun website to check in on each week, she has so many great decor ideas and loves to share their adventures in newlywed world.

What a beautiful time we had in San Antonio.  From mani/pedi parties to margaritas at the rehearsal dinner, all of the events leading up to the big day were fantastic and so well planned.

 Becca, the MOH, did a great job on the ribbon bouquet! 

La Fonda restaurant where we had delicious mexican food on Friday night! 

It was so fun to meet Brian's family and to spend more time with Gina's awesome mama, Kitty.  Her family had us over for a fabulous bridesmaid luncheon with an incredible spread.  Don't you love how this table is decorated with old tins and silver?  What great flowers!




Mrs. Dudics is an amazing artist and painted each girl in the bridal party a small painting of pansies, her specialty.  She and Gina both LOVE flowers (I remember how often Gina would arrange bouquets in small vases around our Savannah apartment) and the pansy flower is a symbol of friendship, of thinking of someone during a special time, and the girls were all so thrilled to get such a sweet memento from this weekend.



I cannot wait to hang my canvas in my new apartment! 

The church at The Incarnate Word campus was one of the most beautiful buildings I have ever been inside of - with intricate ceilings, the seating faced the aisle for a very intimate view during the ceremony and aisle procession, and Gina's colors (of course!) were beautiful!  Her bridesmaids wore this amazing blue and her green/peach/cream flowers tied everything together perfectly.    


photograph by stela alessi photography


It was really fun to see my SCAD buddy Ashley who is now doing floral and event designs with her own company in Austin.  I hope I get to see a lot more of her and her sweet family now that I am back in Texas.  She did an incredible job setting up The Argyle for this spectacular event!



 photograph by stela alessi photography

photograph by stela alessi photography

Gina's friends were so fun to be around - I had a blast getting to spend more time with Becca, Molly, the Sarahs, meeting Miss Caroline, Christina, Michael, Heather, and Natalie.  I am so excited to live with Whittaker in Dallas!  We tied programs, did hair and makeup, giggled so hard, got teary eyed when we saw her in her dress for the first time, and danced  like nobody's business on the floor.  


I loved seeing Olivia again, she is so grown up!, and was so impressed with this little flower girl and her fabulous mama, Jenni. :)


And of course, my little Jean was a beautiful bride and Brian could not have looked more handsome.  



Congratulations, you two!  May the Lord bless you and keep you always! XOXO! 


No comments:

Post a Comment