I got a special phone call tonight from one my oldest and bestest friends, Vanessa. She had a baby boy Everett in January and I was so lucky to get to stop by their house and meet him this summer during my Texas roadtrip. :) Between Gina's wedding and my apartment hunt in Dallas, I made a mini-detour to see this sweet little face!
What a giggly, cuddly, teeny-tiny little being he is - and so happy! Everett is almost 6 months old and he could not be more precious. I secretly hope he gets his mom's pretty auburn hair, and can't wait to see what sort of boy he turns out to be! I am so honored and blessed to have been chosen by his mama and daddy to be a part of his life.
Vanessa and I have had a special friendship (and actually I wish I had some incriminating photos of us dressed up in poodle skirts or something similar right now....) since she moved from Oregon to Texas in 5th grade. I will never forget that year in Mrs. Clarke's class - Nifty Fifty parade, Valentine's Day parties, sleepovers, watching Ghostwriter, reading books under the covers at sleepovers, discovering AIM together, playing "the spelling game" over and over in the car, laughing so hard when her dad drove like Mr. Toad into her neighborhood, and swimming all summer together in the lanes next to each other. We have been very close ever since and I have loved watching her relationship with Anthony grow. What a beautiful wedding it was ----
(yes, I stalked your Facebook for this picture...)
and what a beautiful boy and family they have made!
Vanessa's house in Austin reminds me so much of going over to her parent's house for the whole weekend - driving in the Jeep in high school, making smoothies and baking cookies, and picking up our buddy Thomas (who lived across the street) to go rent movies with. Oh high school....haha.
Enough of my walk down memory lane --- I cannot wait to be able to visit the Seach Family all of the time - to be a short drive away from this cute little kiddo - and to have him visit me in Dallas when he gets bigger - maybe all by himself? (I'll have to run that by mom....)
I will be sure to keep him in my prayers each night - and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for him. Swim team (for sure!), maybe movie nights with friends and sleepovers growing up, prom dates (!!!), driver's lisences (I know, I know... I am getting ahead of myself!) and one day - his own wedding!
Here's my favorite little baby prayer that my mom had stitched on a pillow for me when I was born:
Please bless this baby with mountains of love, talents-a-plenty, and blue skies above. Amen
Everett, I love you so much!





I love this post!!
ReplyDelete