Tuesday, July 19, 2011

goodbye, harry.

Tonight I saw the last installment of the Harry Potter film saga.  And I loved it.

I am so glad that I read the books (I have definitely done my fair share of starting and stopping with each one - they are LONG, ok?) and have loved exploring this series alongside my students and with my brother and sister.  I will never forget going on a "date" (hahah!) with my high school boyfriend to see the first one my junior year and having no idea what was going on.  Wow - 10 years ago!

I really admire J.K. Rowling's style of writing and the films are truly beautiful and so full and rich.  I laugh, cry and scream inside each time I watch one.

I would love to write a children's book - even one with with one-millionth of the creativity and color that this series carries!




It has been so fun to see the characters grow up and to think about how much their readers have changed over the years.  I remember Laura and Christopher were in elementary school listening to these magical tales in the back seat of the car and getting each book as they came out at Barnes and Nobles.  And to think now about how much older they have gotten makes me feel ancient!  It is certainly the end of an era.



J.K. Rowling just blows my mind.  She wove so many intricate details and created an entire world and society inside of her brain.  WOW!  I can't wait to see if she does anything next, and to see where these actors end up.  I heart Ron, Harry and Hermoine! :)

If you haven't gone yet, make sure you get your ticket and your 3D glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment