We decided that we just couldn't stand it any longer, so the other night we drew a floor plan of my bedroom and living room on her computer software and decided to lay it all out. I am so pumped to set up a new, girly place to come home to each day. and I LOVE to nest!
I have two items that I have been working towards (saving money, browsing photos online) and I can't wait until they are done.
First of all, I have no headboard. I have usually (in college, graduate school, Savannah) just hung artwork above my bed, but I am ready for the real deal. I have shopped and shopped and decided I LOVE upholstered headboards AND really love seagrass/woven ones.
My sisters Kathleen and Laura got me adorable sheets (so soft and shabby chic) two years ago for my birthday and I want to finish the whole picture!
My mom and I are going to dumpster dive through some garage sales to see if there isn't an old headboard we can fix up and upholster ourselves with some fun fabric, OR I might just need to save up for the headboard of my dreams.
Secondly, I inherited this pretty beat up armoire while I was in Savannah and have always wanted to have a DIY moment.
I usually keep it in the living room (DVD's in the bottom drawers) and the top part has been where I hang my coat, purses, knitting bag, etc. However, it is lopsided and one of the doors is broken and has fallen off. (I don't even have a picture because it's not my proudest posession...)
Here is what my mom and I are hoping to emulate:
I would love to have a place to put my sewing/crafting items (instead of in a closet where it's a pain to use them, therefore causing me to abandon any and all projects) and also love the idea of adding shelves for books. There's lots of girly fun to be had in adding fabric or wall paper on the inside to brighten it up - but I don't think we'll paint it since the light colored wood already looks great.
My favorite sites to browse for ideas are Design*Sponge and Pinterest. If you have not visited these beautiful galleries of ideas and inspiration - be sure to do so! I can't get enough of the before-and-after photo shoots and newspaper clippings that make me want to makeover everything in front of me!
I am so excited to get started and I will be sure to keep you posted!













No comments:
Post a Comment