Today, I give you my back-to-work FDO:
(that's short for "first day outfit" which is commonly used by my sisters to reference those first special days of August when we used to lay out our getup the night before our alarms went off for HCMS.)

Blouse - BCBG
Belt - j.crew outlet
Denim skirt - Anthro sale rack
Sandals - TJ Maxx
I am gonna miss my swim suit cover ups and workout-clothes-uniform but am so excited to explore the hidden gems of fashion in the emerald city.
In other news, my car decided she was not ready to give up her summer when i tried to start her bright and early this am and so we plunged into yet another chapter of "dead battery diaries" and it was a crazy start to my first day. Decided she needed a little wardrobe change and took her down to the auto shop after school. I hope she likes her new look!

I learned so much today. Of course I learned how to sign up for health benefits and how to plan check emails from parents, but there is so much more to be excited about. I got to collaborate. I got to learn new traditions and think about my classroom in a different way. I made room in my thinking for the ideas of my colleagues. I changed my mindset.
human beings, at their core, want to know that they matter
think of a classroom where everyone can be an expert at the same time that they are a learner
I definitely learned that sometimes things are out of your control and that the best thing you can show your boss is that you can be flexible and lighthearted when life calls on you to adapt. I learned that a true teammate shows up late with you on day one because she turned around after she got to work to pick you up.
- Posted using BlogPress from
my iPhone
Okay #1, you blogged from iPhone? Awesome girl! #2 I will gladly pick you up in the Silver Bullet anytime dead battery or not. #3 Glad to know I wasn't the only one rocking swimsuit coverups..they're one of my favs!
ReplyDeleteOh, now I see the real FDO! This one is also very cute :)
ReplyDelete