Tuesday, August 30, 2011

dear george,

you are so good.  you make dinner so easy.  you make me feel like I am having a weekend barbecue on a Tuesday night.


What is easier than marinating chicken right after work and then popping it on the grill?  I have even been known to grill several portions of meat all in one night and then pack it to eat all week - sliced up on a salad, sandwich, or even with veggies and hummus for school lunch.

I have smothered my chicken in all kinds of concoctions - but this one is my current favorite:

Ingredients:
1/3 cup sugar (I think you can use honey also)
1/2 cup orange juice (I love simply orange)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp. olive oil
6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts

Combine ingredients in a bowl (some people use a ziploc bag) and add chicken.  Turn to coat.  Marinate in the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours.  Remove chicken to grill/cook.  If you want to serve the marinade as a sauce, bring it to a boil in a small saucepan and boil hard for 3-4 minutes until it is "reduced."

For the George Foreman, all meat is different depending on size/thickness.  I like to grill it on the GF for 4-6 minutes until thoroughly cooked (not gonna lie, I cut into it a few times to check!).  Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment