Sunday, August 28, 2011

iPhone photo dump...week of many firsts.

Sunday night has me all kinds of worn out so instead of posting with words I am going to use pictures this time around. I have been playing around with Diptic and have always been a sucker for a great collage. :) We'll see how this turns out.

I have had quite a week - met all of my students, their amazing parents, gone out and celebrated a successful first week, had a cowboy kind of night at the rodeo, and got to see my favorite Dallasites tonight for a family birthday celebration. I have never had more hugs, tears, cheers, and fears rolled into five days in my life.

I am practicing patience and gratitude side-by-side. I feel like I've got everything I was hoping and praying for this past winter as I prepared for this huge change, and at the same time and I find myself needing to catch my breath and reminding myself that things don't come without hard work and challenges. You aren't going to get anything perfectly. Nobody is 100% ready on day one. I jumped from small town to big city, traditional school to alternative curriculum, living alone to roommate, being far away from family to living down the road from "cousins" and a family birthday dinner, and relationship-land to single-mingler.

I do have to say that each morning I wake up and cannot wait to see what I am going to learn, what I am going to try, and where I might end up.

So.... I present to you the Sunday Phone Dump Volume 1:






back to school get-up * spirit day earrings * Target flats * 6 a.m. self-portrait 





personality boxes * first day with bells and whistles on * new school tote bag 





ice house evening * school-night dinner * happy birthday jessa 





rodeo friends * national anthem * chicken fingers * cowboys-in-training 





bakerella Dylan * my favorite third grader * dinners at bobby and tutu's 

No comments:

Post a Comment