I cannot believe that in August I won't be having another 'First Day of School' here like I have the two years past. It is sad to say goodbyes to people as they wrap up their report cards and make rounds through the building so that they can give hugs and swap emails/cell phone numbers.
I am cleaning out my computer today and deleting/reading all of my old emails on my work address and I have discovered some pretty cute pictures from this past year. I wanted to share and upload them so that I can come back and stare at them all summer. :) Granted, I took about 1,000 of my students this year, but this is what I'll call "the top 60" - haha!
These are in all kinds of mixed up order and I am not quite skilled yet at collaging or formatting photos on the blog - perhaps something I can learn while I am taking my summer break!
Our class Christmas Party - they were all dressed up for their music concert!
getting stretched and warmed up for Field Day!
"Are you my teacher?" - Halloween 2010
serving drinks at the Drive Thru window - McDonald's "McTeacher Night"
two of my long lost soulmates from this year - Katie and Betsy
Fun Run moment
Hat Day!
I thank my lucky stars for Mrs. Bowden who was my life saver from this day in August until June 3rd!
Charlie kept our class laughing the whole year long!
GO EAGLES! What an incredible second season of football we had this year!
Savannah Children's Theater field trip to see "Sarah, Plain and Tall"
We love our puzzles!
Ms. Snell - my amazing assitsant teacher!
Peer editing - I loved seeing the children swap stories and help each other edit their work!
Word Problems on white boards during math!
Turkey skit :)
Pilgrims...
...and Indians!
Multiply, Multiply, Multiply!
Making southwestern snowmen ornaments with Mrs. Bacon
games at recess. Making snow-angels in the leaves and grass - we wish it was cold!
Clementine snowmen
My amazing mentor teacher Lynn (from when I taught second grade) and sweet MB.
This was quite the artistic group. They would squeal with delight when I pulled out the paint each week.
Our class made this poster together to decorate the classroom for our December party!
We stuck our hands in Crisco and then shoved them in cold water to see what it feels like to have blubber in Science when we learned about animal adaptations.
Base-Ten Blocks, Rods, and Cubes to learn about Place Value
I got the newspaper delivered once a week and we loved to cut out shapes for math, parts of speech for our grammar lessons, and compare and contrast different images during writing workshop.
They wrote diligently in their journals each morning and loved reading their stories and adventures to a buddy.
We invented our own polygons with a math teacher who came to visit our class. They love Geoboards!
popsicle party!
shaving cream landforms with Ms. Snell in the cafeteria.
What a mess to clean up! so glad they enjoyed it while it lasted. :)
Learning about pioneer life in the woods at Oatland Island after we read Little House in the Big Woods
dipping candles! Williamsburg, watch out!
B seemed to have a hard time remembering his folder at times. So we started stapling notes to his backpack - he loved it!
We made the three layers of the earth with rice krispe treats, rollos and marshmallows! YUM!
Fact Families
Indoor recess on rainy days!
I love when they hold hands without me asking. :)
Nice and sweaty after our egg hunt at HRB!
"Can we PLEASE take a silly picture, Ms. C?"
My new favorite tshirt.
End of the Year Pool party!
YUM!
Show and Tell/Talent Show the last week of school - M has over 150 hotwheels in his collection!
Brennan and I performed a stand up comedy routine full of knock-knock jokes! But....
...then he showed the class his REAL talent!
Elsa drew a portrait of our class for me to keep! Pretty accurate!
Superlatives on the last day! They are all winners in my heart!
Silly boys on the bus to Charleston!
My sweet guys. Ready to ride the train!
So tired after that field trip. I am trying to pep them up in the front seat with the tour guide mic. HA!
Jazz hands? Or crossing guard? Frantically trying to keep them from crossing the street without me.
PRESH!
About to ride the boat to see Fort Sumter. HDS Class of 2020. :) wow, I feel OLD!
I love when they try to take digital pictures themselves.
Charlotte's Web puppet show. They made their own sets, puppets, and wrote amazing scripts all by themselves. So awesome to see them working together and collaborating.
Thanks for a great year!
No comments:
Post a Comment