Saturday, June 11, 2011

katie + cory

What a beautiful couple and a special night to share!  Tonight Katie (one of my teaching counterparts at HDS) and Cory tied the knot.  And what a team!

I met Katie at the start of this past year when she started at Hancock in August and we have all anxiously been waiting for their big day since last fall.  Cory and Katie are such a great match and I have loved getting to know him and his family as I have spent more and more time with KT.  They are such a Godly couple and compliment each other perfectly.  Cory could not have been more excited to marry this pretty girl when we saw him in the foyer at Southside Baptist Church today and their excitement shone through the entire ceremony.  KT makes me laugh so hard and tonight they also both melted my heart.

Katie looked beautiful in her dress, the music at the ceremony - from her future brother in law playing "For Good" from "Wicked" on the piano as the guests were seated, to the guitar duet after they took their vows, and "How Sweet it is to Be Loved by You" as the couple and their attendants left the church was all wonderful.  I definitely got chills when I saw her walk down the aisle towards her man - and I loved the little touches like the candy table, the yellow spruces of color here and there (KT loves her some yellow!) and the big M on the top of their delicious cake.




I didn't have a date tonight but I was perfectly lonely, as John Mayer would put it.  Weddings are not always the easiest thing for me since my last relationship, but I was really proud of myself tonight.  If you don't have fun, it's no one's fault but ya own!  Right?  I am learning to embrace being by myself for now, and I do have to say that couples like this one don't make me think "Ugh.  They are cute.  Stop that."  These two kiddos not only show love to each other but to everyone they get to know.  They have been such an example to me.  I am so glad to have had them in my life - even if it is just for a short time before I leave.  I am sure that Katie and I will stay close and keep in contact often - and Katie was such a blessing in my life during those tough weeks back in January.  She brings me such peace!  I cannot wait to see where life takes these two and to come back and visit them in their new beautiful home!  

Anywho, we were certainly in party-mode tonight.  I got to hang with Leigh Anne, her little sister who is in town to visit (these two could give the Casanova sisters a run for their money!), and Kari and Walter.  And let me just say that the teachers tore it up on the dance floor!  At one point, only the kiddos at the wedding were dancing -- until the DJ played "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus and Scanz and I got pre-teen on everybody and jumped at the chance to twirl, sway, and "throw ya hands up."  We screamed to "Don't stop Believing'" and did every single Cha Cha Slide, Dougie, and party move you can think of.  Cory and Katie love to dance!  Their laughter and the fun the two of them have together spread to the whole group in no time flat.

I think my favorite part was definitely the first dance these two shared to Zac Brown Band's "Just as Free" and the sweet brother-sister dance Katie and Buddy swayed to while the DJ played 'You've got a Friend in Me' from Toy Story.




I loved getting to meet Katie's mom for the first time - her daughter certainly takes after her!  What a special night!  I am sad I won't be seeing KT again before I move!  But I am so excited to see "Mrs. Martin" instead of "Ms. Snell" next time I'm in town to visit.





What a great getaway car!  We lit sparklers, wished them all the best in Jamaica on their honeymoon - and a well deserved one for two hard-working teachers - and squealed as they drove off!

God Bless the Happy Couple!  

No comments:

Post a Comment