Thursday, January 12, 2012

god bless this little blog

1) This week one of our professional developments at school had to do with communication, listening and reflecting.  The speaker repeatedly explained how any type of writing and expression works wonders for people.  "Better than millions of dollars of therapy," as he put it.  I know that sometimes I just use this to post pictures or articles I want to remember, but this little site has done wonders for me.  I have been a journal-writer for a long time and even though I don't put my deeeeepest darkest secrets online for the world, it is good to sit down and write regularly. 

2) I lost hundreds of pictures on my iPhone today while I was trying to sync/do too many things at one time.  I felt frustrated and DID think about kicking my computer, BUT, definitely feel like the BEST of the best pictures are on here so I'm not going to lay awake tonight worrying. :) I think the "old" me would have probably had a conniption fit and cried until the wee hours of the morning, so I am taking this as progress.  I am glad to be documenting this time in my life!  

3) I am writing an essay for a summer program and feel like even though this blog is not my best writing sample, writing comes much easier to me than it used to.  My ideas flow so much better!  Even though I have to edit and formalize much of what I wrote in this essay before I can turn it in (because not everything can be italicized or accompanied with an uploaded Google image), I have no problem getting my thoughts on paper.

"...and that's all I have to say about that..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment