Sunday, January 22, 2012

A*TX

Spent this past weekend in my favorite city. I have a blog post coming tomorrow to celebrate my favorite baby boy and his big first birthday, but in the meantime had to get on quickly to write about how much I love that place.

Something about the skyline, sunshine, green hills and beautiful lake get me all worked up. I loved pal-ing around town amidst birthday festivities with my bro Kif who is thriving at UT. What a treat to get to see him in his element, meet some of his friends and just sit at a picnic table with him over tacos right where we left off.

These are the reasons I "moved back."

One day we will get back here. All six of us together. Even if it is just for a visit. It's not the same without the Casanova Clan. But there's something special about the place you grew up. And I have to say we had it better than we knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment