Friday, September 28, 2012

Opa!

One of my sweet parents gave the teachers tickets to the Greek festival tonight.  What a blast.  I not only felt like I was living in this movie, but I missed my big-fat-CubanCajunLebanese-family so much as I took in the sensory-overload.





HUGE tubs of olive oil, 
sweet and salty baklava-to-die-for,
 harps and tambourines played sweet music, 
there were men shouting OPA! all around, 
and beautiful, dark, curly headed babies cooing everywhere you turned. 

 
Get those Greek fries, Fin-Fin!
I have to say one of the best moments I've had as a teacher was tonight when sweet A turned and grinned big-as-day at her two teachers in her traditional Greek garb as she danced circles around the stage.  That smile is worth $1,000,000.


We shopped for artwork, got some snazzy accessories at the "Agora," I scarfed down a gyro in record time, sampled Greek beverages, and spent time with coworkers that I am often too busy to stop and chat with - what fun! 
Thanks for a great time, Paulos family!

No comments:

Post a Comment