Friday, April 27, 2012

play that funky music.....

This week, I have been in a funk.  I have felt under-the-weather, had stressful things going on in my classroom, and in general woken up over and over on the wrong side of the bed.

Sometimes it is something big and serious that changes my mood, and other times it's the little things - that small bruise, pinching your skin in your watch clasp, an irritating moment at work, or even the weather - that will set me off.  This week it's not really anything in particular....as my family would say - these are #whitewine moments.

Sometimes, it just takes a little reminder of how good we really have it to get us back on track.  I am so grateful that I don't have "real" worries or burdens to bear this week...just feeling funky - and I don't mean that in a Disco-sense. 

In an attempt to turn my frown upside down, I have tried all kinds of things to "perk up":

journaling - gratitude or otherwise

upbeat (even horrifically catchy) new jams on the radio in the morning

delicious take out on the sofa

pick me up sit-com that never fails to leave me giggling and re-quoting

scrolling through some of the most inspiring blogs I follow

hugs or a hand-holding from this guy


great workout with the girls



and of course, retail therapy...who doesn't want a go-to summer staple like a fuchsia tank dress? 

Sometimes, you just have to ride it out.  You just have to say, "Self, this is a bad week.  But thank God it's not every week.  And at least it's Friday afternoon...."  Maybe I need to go to bed earlier, maybe it's the summer-vacation-itch my students are passing on to me.....

I am hopeful that Saturday morning (maybe even Friday night) will bring a change.  I hope to turn the compass in a new direction, reset the psyche, and get my energy back on track. 

How do you cheer yourself up when you feel down?

1 comment:

  1. I hope I didn't contribute to the funk, but i can relate, unfortunately i do have major problems to sort out but at least I have a super co- teacher who picked up my slack. You helped one girl out this week. That should feel good ;o)

    ReplyDelete