As a result, this past week C and I made a pact. We caught ourselves saying on the phone to each other before bed, "On Saturday we are going to spend the whole day at the pool," and we even emailed each other at work a few times on Friday.... "This weekend is going to be so great. Doing nothing with you. Can't wait."
By Friday at five we knew it wasn't going to work. We had some must-meet-and-greet-visitors from West Texas at DFW (they look a LOT like me, can you guess from the group picture at the airport who I am talking about?), the weather was too nice not to have a mini-adventure, and we didn't find ourselves with even the smallest tinge of guilt as we jumped in the car with grins on our faces and crawfish on the mind.
So for the past two days we can certainly say we attempted to practice "the art of an empty calendar." I'll let you know how it goes next time....
Here is what it looked like.
hellooooo seafood. hellooooo saturday afternoon beverage.
Dallas International Guitar Festival
DFW layover fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment