I had this big long brainstorm about a post to celebrate six months in Dallas. I woke up this morning and said a little rabbitrabbit for good luck. We all know how much I love a mini milestone AND this one is wrapped up in a new month!
However, after a long day at work, nasty emails going around, students in tears and arguments during a game I tried to teach today, I ran into my mentor in the hall at school and broke down before morning snack. Gah.
Let's just say, sometimes, life is overwhelming. Sometimes everything feels hard.
Luckily, Anne is amazing and we decided to leave school "onthedot" and bask in the winter 70 degree weather, toast to half a school year with tequila-ritas and let it all out.
Whew!
I think it's a true sign of fitting in when you can grab a last minute Wednesday drink. Don't you? That's when you know you have arrived. Today was a bad day just like any other, but it also reminded me that I am truly feeling like I am settled. Like this is my new normal. Bad mixed in with the good, routine mixed in with new experiences. Tomorrow is a new day. In my big ol' city.
Happy six months to me. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment