Tuesday, February 12, 2013

laissez les bon temps rouler

Happy Fat Tuesday from Dallas!!!


I ended up with the baby in the teachers-lounge king cake and did my grandparents proud by chasing down a Cajun food truck 30 minutes away to ensure tasty boudin (no, spell check, thats a real word!) and Jumbalaya by dinner time.









I felt the gold, green and purple everywhere. My boss wore boas from her "Crewe-days", we listened to Zydeco during language arts, Marshall's happened to have colored jeans on sale, and I was missing my family like crazy!



My last trip to NOLA was pretty emotional, and my last Mardi gras parade was what I believed to be my last-first date. I had some flasbacks today for sure.

But this "cher" didn't blink an eye and made her own memories today. After all,... Let the GOOD times roll. Not the bad ones. Right?

This poster says it ALL. :)



Off to finish old-fashioned paper Valentines and sharpen pink pencils for my class party tomorrow!

Remember, I still have two weeks left to spread as much PINK, CHOCOLATE, and THIS as possible....



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Didn't you get the baby last year too? Or maybe C did? Hope you are having a great week!

    XOXO
    V, E, & C

    ReplyDelete