Dark, stormy Thursday. Finished my favorite read-aloud this morning in Room 31. Taking some wisdom from Kate DiCamillo, her fuzzy china-doll rabbit, and his friends in the toy maker's shop.
"I have lived one hundred years. And in that time, I have been in places that were heavenly and others that were horrid. After a time, you learn that each place is different. And you become a different doll in each place, too." What kind of adventures would you have if you were in the world for a century?
"I wonder who will come for me this time. Someone will come. Someone always comes. Who will it be?"
"You must be filled with expectancy. You must be awash in hope. You must wonder who will love you, whom you will love next."
"If you have no intention of loving or being loved, then the whole journey is pointless."
"Open your heart....Someone will come. Someone will come for you. But first you must open your heart."
Happy Thursday!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone



No comments:
Post a Comment