Monday, December 24, 2012

La Noche Buena

The stockings are laid out, everyone has on their red plaid PJ pants, and we are preparing the famous sibling-sleepover-set-up in preparation for Santa.




Tonight was one of my favorite moments of each year- we held our candles high, sang in anticipation of His birthday, and reminded ourselves of the real reason for the season.














"Remember that we have enough love in this room to light the whole Earth. Go forth and shine your light."

Nothing gives me more chills. This girl was so choked up she almost couldn't finish the last verse of Silent Night.

We ate our weight in ham, collards, and mashed potatoes and sopped up all of the goodness with the rolls Ash's mama taught him to bake.




We danced to Motown Christmas carols (Thanks pandora!), snuggled with baby Brooklyn, christened the newlywed's dinner table with gravy, more festive cocktails, and garlic but had to save apple pound cake for tomorrow since we were so stuffed.













I love when we are not only all home but when we are all in the same room.
(Papi! You were truly missed!)




We are also dreaming of a white Christmas. Another "slim but dream-able miracle". Which is what December is all about.




The older I get the more excited I become to GIVE gifts than receive them. I can't wait to pull out that "something" that reminded me of my sister or aunt from the back of my closet. The something I stashed back there months ago and have almost let slip a few times when I was just "too excited".



Merry Christmas to you and yours. May your day be merry and bright!

After all, if there is one thing I've learned this winter, it's that ANYTHING can happen. :D


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment