Saturday, December 22, 2012

Home sweet home

I survived the trek home with Kleenex and chicken biscuits in the passenger seat,







I even found a little gem along the way:




I pulled up to the front of the house and immediately hit the ground running - mixing holiday cocktails,





Playing with my "niece,"


and watching with wonder as my sister makes her house into SUCH a home.


















We started a new tradition last night. A sacred girls-only holiday gathering dubbed "the Wrapping Happening" back in the late-90s by my mama. It's a sacred rite of passage - cocktails, tape and ribbons, delicious eats, festive music, and chatting away as we wrap the gifts we are most excited to give. My heart was so full as I watched this "newly returned Texan" little sister of mine with all of her girls around her.















Baby girl was tuckered out from socializing and we topped the
night off with a dance party,



which is standard these days.


My mamas new mantra:
"Have speakers, will travel".











Today after a good nights sleep, (go away, cold!) errands, and birthday-cake baking,



Mom made our favorite comfort foods,


We scribbled our Christmas-cocktail names onto styrofoam cups in preparation for more toasts,


And donned our pajamas to set in for the birthday board game bash tomorrow.


28, here I come!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment