I, being the planner that I am, had my entire last week of summer mapped out. I had errands to run, outfits to plan (yes, I said it), laundry to wash, emails to finish writing, groceries to buy, the list goes on and on.....
And as luck would have it, I caught something. A something that was accompanied by a chest-cough, fever, runny nose, hoarse voice, the works.
Flash forward 72 hours.....
I could not have asked for a better end to my summer. You know what?
This girl has been trying to catch a break for the past three months and finally got one!
After a move and purge to squeeze into my new apartment, boyfriend break-up, whirlwind trips all over the East Coast, babysitting 40 hours a week, and who knows what else, I could not have been more ready to settle in. I had a great reason to stay put. And boy did I stay put. I got to read, watch the Olympic coverage, work on some of my favorite crafty hobbies, and.... do nothing. With just myself.
BUT, the one thing that is most important is very ready for a new school year.
THIS GIRL.
She's ready to be busy, and ready to get to work!
THIS GIRL.
She's ready to be busy, and ready to get to work!
Take home message?
Rest is so important. It helps us to recharge so that we can continue to achieve.
When you rest, you are getting things done, even if it doesn't feel like it.
Rest is how we practice patience in it's fullest form.
When we take things slowly we can savor the moment, live in the moment, and we get there on time.
When we take things slowly we can savor the moment, live in the moment, and we get there on time.
ON OUR OWN TIME.
And I can bet that three weeks from now, when I am elbows deep in glue bottles, surrounded little squeaky seven-year-old voices, and having to remind myself to take a deep breath, I will be fantasizing about some exquisite, even slightly boring, peace and quiet on the sofa. Cheers (with my steaming hot mug of tea) to that.


No comments:
Post a Comment