Monday, June 11, 2012

Who knew?




I woke up this morning and decided I desperately needed a work out.

I was pretty proud of myself when 40 minutes later I had was unlacing my tennis shoes, plopping my iPhone down on the kitchen counter, and had sweated it out in full.  I pounded the pavement a whole 3 miles!

Ok sure, I definitely walked and ran on and off in intervals, but my knee didn't hurt, I didn't have to stop at a single intersection (that's what I call a HOT PASS - when you get all green lights and all "cross now" signals at every corner), and my iTunes was completely in sync with my mood.  Don't you love when you don't have to skip a single song?  I rocked out to acoustic/bluegrass/hymn type songs today and it TOTALLY hit the spot.

The biggest blessing on my run was a small bumper sticker I spotted on my way out of the apartment complex.






This verse is such a perfect reminder - as fear and anxiety are my one constant struggle.  I fear changes (even a small change like going from the school year to summer routine), I fear failing at something that I might give an honest try, in certain instances I might fear what the future holds, and I often build up so many fears just by over-thinking one experience - instead of living in the moment.  I can fear being too busy or not busy enough, and I had to push down so many of my fears when I made this huge change to come back to Texas.  That's not to say that the fears don't occasionally creep up on me time and time again. This week in particular, it feels a little scary (OK, REALLY scary) to try to get my life back in order after 4 consecutive travel weekends, a new summer camp to plan for, and so many things I have procrastinated on in order to wrap up my school year. 


Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
 What a verse!  

And of all things, I came to find out about ten minutes ago (Thanks, Facebook friends!) that today is National Running Day.  And while I don't consider myself a "runner" - maybe I should?  Maybe I'll start running more.  And even if I don't run again for a long time, at least I was a part of that celebration today.  And God was certainly reminding me to celebrate the small things on my run when I spotted the back of that SUV.  

No comments:

Post a Comment