Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Bucket List

I am finding myself inspired by the warm weather, changing routine, and the rest of the blogosphere to create a list of summer-friendly to-do's to ensure that I am exploring this big city to it's fullest.  I am hoping to take my boy, find a buddy (or my three nanny charges) to check each of these off each week in the big D and cannot wait to see what fun there is to explore right under my nose.
 
Nearby:
-Pick fresh fruit in Denton County and bake with it
-Chihuly Exhibit at the Arboretum
-eat BBQ at the Farmer's Market
-Summer Musicals 
-Rangers Game
-$1 Girls' Night at Studio Movie Grill
-Dallas Aquarium
-6th Floor Museum
-Biergarten, food truck, and winery exploring
-Pottery Painting 
-Top Golf

Day Trips:
-Canton
-Lavender Ridge Farms
-Dublin Dr. Pepper Co.
-Fredricksburg wineries
-Galaxy Drive-In  
-Explore Grapevine, TX 

Dream Big:
-design my own summer cocktail
-READ
-REST without feeling guilty (naps and early bedtimes encouraged)
-eat lobster in Maine! (and more seafood in general)
-get HOOKED on the London Olympics
-get some time with Everett in Austin
-organize a paperback book swap
-clean out my closet, my iTunes, and iPhoto



I cannot wait to get started!  And the best part of this to-do list (for this list lover) is that if I don't get it all done by the end of the summer, I have the rest of my life to check them off. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment