Saturday, December 10, 2011

1960s Christmas

Last night my boys and I hosted a Mad Men Christmas party. And was it a hit!



There's something special about costumes, decorations, a good theme and music to boot. We decorated, researched cocktails and hairstyles, bought stock in hairspray and eyeliner, and had quite the hip holiday gathering.



This was my first time to host a party without a potluck feel to it and I hope I did my parents proud. I was channeling their old Mardi Gras parties and Casanova Christmas Eves from years past.


I am hoping that this maybe becomes a tradition, as there is so much fun stuff to do with the 1960s. We carried candy cigarettes, sipped from martini glasses, played a fake fireplace movie on the tv, and both gals and guys alike rocked skinny ties, bouffant updos, cocktail attire and played the part 110%. It was so classy.



I think Betty Draper would have been proud of not only my menu and playlist, but the apron and lipstick I had on last night.

My only regret is not taking as many pictures of outfits and details as I would have liked, but I will never forget how fun it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment