Sunday night again and I am feeling a miles ahead of where I was two weeks ago. Amazing how you can adapt when your life calls you to. I have been trying to snap pictures here so I can remember to blog about them and to make sure I am keeping in touch with everyone.
With September comes the end of "whites" (even though I will be wearing mine well after the fact) but I wanted to include a quick pic of my new white jeans - on SUPER sale at the Gap. We're talking less than $10, and the last pair left. I was pretty proud.
Sarah (the roomie) and I have decided that as of right now our routine includes, eat, sleep, drink coffee, teach, and eat again.

are those pumpkins i spotted at the grocery store? fall food is on the way!

James and Sarah made dinner - bacon, pesto and mozzarella paninis!
And I am so excited to add pictures of my favorite cousins to the blog. Michelle and Robert Lewis came to visit me in Dallas for the big LSU game. RL and I met up for a beer the night before and I was lucky enough to see them both for brunch before they headed out of town. Cousins are so neat - siblings you only get to see every once in a while - which makes it so special! It seems like just yesterday we were all in our pajamas at Mimi's house asking her for candy before bedtime and running around like crazy people in their backyard on the swings. I just loved seeing all of the LSU fans (made me miss crawfish and gumbo!) and hearing RL lead the entire place in a "Tiger Bait" cheer made me grin so big. Our Paw Paw would have been proud.
I cannot believe what grown-up, incredible people these two have become. We missed their little brother Joseph and are already planning a "Lucky Seven" (that's what my grandfather calls all of us) ski trip without any parents! Woo hoo!
TIGER*BAIT
I had my second lake getaway this weekend - this time a cabin full of strangers, board games, too many coolers of snacks and baked goods, and life-size beanbags galore! There's something about loading up two 15-passenger vans, playing banana-grams on your sandy towel, and grilling out hamburgers on a breezy Saturday.
Happy Monday to everyone tomorrow!



No comments:
Post a Comment